This website is owned and operated by Global Blinds Pty Ltd. By using this site you agree to the Warranty Policy as set out in this web page. It is our intention that this policy will protect your consumer rights from being dealt with in any way that is inconsistent with applicable laws in Australia.
We reserve the right, at our discretion, to modify or remove portions of this Warranty Policy at any time. This Warranty Policy is in addition to any other terms and conditions applicable to the web site. We do not make any representations about third party web sites that may be linked to the web site.
We therefore recommend that each time you access our website you ensure you are aware of this policy and have read it since its last update date.
Global Blinds provides a 3 year warranty on our window coverings.
This warranty covers:
- The products listed on your invoice against material defects and workmanship for 3 years from the date of product receipt.
- Any replacement products, materials and labour used to make good warranty claims, for the remainder of the warranty period of the original products listed on your invoice.
The warranty does not cover damage due to:
- Normal wear and tear
- Incorrect installation of the product
- Installation in an unsuitable environment, for example interior blinds being installed to the exterior of a window
- Inappropriate use or operation of the product
- Alterations to the products – except where such alterations are necessary to “make good” the product under a warranty claim.
- Use in a mobile dwelling such as a motorhome or boat
- Accidental or intentional damage, abuse or neglect of the product
- Inadequate safeguarding of the product allowing damage arising from vermin or other organisms, or foreign matter to enter, stain or corrode the product
- Acts of God
To pursue a warranty claim, please make contact with Global Blinds within 30 days of the fault developing. Warranty claims will only be prosecuted if proof of purchase can be verified, typically by presentation of purchase invoice.
Global Blinds recommends a thorough inspection of the product upon receipt and/or initial installation as this will simplify the validation of any warranty claims.
Upon receipt of a warranty claim Global Blinds will instruct the purchaser of how to proceed further and maintains absolute discretion as to how the claim will be managed. Typically, but not always, Global Blinds will dispatch a replacement product and require the faulty product to be returned to us or our nominated agent for inspection. All reasonable costs will be borne by Global Blinds.
If the owner requests additional services to prosecute the warranty claim, for example repair to be performed at the premises where the product is installed, the owner will be responsible for providing safe access to the product and for incidental costs above and beyond the supply of the product e.g. travelling and transport costs.
If the warranty claim proves to be spurious or otherwise invalid, Global Blinds reserves the right to recover costs from the purchaser.
Various Warranties or conditions may be implied or obligations may be imposed by the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) and other laws in force in Australia. If any such provision applies, then to the extent permitted by law and to the extend this Warranty is given in addition to such warranties or conditions, any liability under this Warranty is expressly limited to the replacement of the product, the payment of the cost or replacing the product or acquiring an equivalent product at the discretion of Global Blinds.